Culzean Castle is located at Carrick on the Ayshire coast of Scotland as the former home of the Marquess of Ailsa now it is administered by the National Trust of Scotland. The cliff top castle lies within the Culzean Castle Country Park and is opened to the public for visits.
The castle was built as an L-plan castle through the order of the Earl of Cassilis, David Kennedy, as the seat of his Earldom in Scotland in the 16th century. It has a large drum tower with a circular saloon and a grand oval staircase with a sight of several state apartments.
Kennedy's descendants eventually turned over the castle into the National Trust for Scotland in the 20th century in order to avoid the inheritance tax. They stipulated that the apartments on the top of the castle will be given to the US general, Dwight Eisenhower, who was the Supreme head of the Allied Forces during World War II, he visited the castle several times since 1946 even when he became the US President after the war.
The castle has a spectacular view of the sea and often the site of several wedding ceremonies. It is also used in the 1973 film "The Wicker Man".